Bhutan is landlocked country known for its scenic mountainous beauty and its unique culture. It is also known for the Kingdom of Bhutan. Bhutan is no ordinary destination. It is the remaining part of the Great Himalayan Kingdom of yesteryear, which is still endowed with mystery, culture and tradition. Bhutan takes pride in providing a unique style of vacation, which focus on rejuvenation and minimalistic lifestyle. This is the land of red rice, chilies being staple food, dancing monks and many other unique traditions. This is the prime destination famous for photogenic landscapes, prime monasteries, majestic festivals, medieval styled local settings, unparalleled shopping experience and so on. If you are looking for Bhutan tour package than ticks all your boxes, explore the packages below. Places to explore are PHUENTSHOLING, THIMPHU, WANGDI , PUNAKHA and PARO
By AirParo International Airport is the one and only international airport to enter into Bhutan by air. The National Air Carrier of Bhutan, Druk Air is the only airline, operates regular flights to and from Paro to Kolkata (India), Delhi (India), Gaya (India), Bangkok (Thailand), Kathmandu (Nepal) and Dhaka (Bangladesh). There are international flights from Delhi, Kolkata, Bangkok, Bagdogra, Dhaka, Bodh Gaya, Kathmandu, Singapore, Guwahati and Mumbai.
By RailHasimara is the nearest railway station to reach Jaigaon or Phuentsholing after getting down here you can take an auto which will take not more than half an hour to reach border gate which is 16 km from railway station. There are lot of train options from all over India to Hasimara and Siliguri.
By RoadThere are three border gates from where you can enter Bhutan i.e. Phuentsholing (16 km from Hasimara railway station and 150 km from Silliguri), Gelephu (east side), Samdrup jongkhar (east side 150 km away from Guwahati)
Climate & Best Time to Visit
The ideal time to visit Bhutan is October to December as the air is clear and fresh with sunny skies. January and February are colder, but from then until April the climate remains dry and pleasant and in late spring the famous rhododendrons bloom spectacularly, flooding the valleys with colour. If you're interested in seeing the rare black-necked cranes, we recommend visiting the Phobjikha Valley between late October and mid-February.
ITENARY For 7Days N 6Nights
DAY 01 – ARRIVAL AND TRANSFER TO PHUENTSHOLING
Arrival at New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP) / Bagdogra Airport (IXB) / transfer to Phuentsholling/Jaigaon is 170 kilometres and 6 hours drive from Siliguri-Phuentsholling is in India and Bhutan border-The Indian side is called Jaigaon and the Bhutanese side is called Phuentsholling- Indian Nationals don’t require visa or passport to visit rest of Bhutan but any identity document like election commission I.D card is required-Permit is not required for visiting Phuentsholling only but other parts of Bhutan-Check into the hotel. Evening free at leisure -Overnight stay in Phuentsholling
DAY 02 – TRANSFER TO THIMPHU
Morning breakfast-Passing through the beautiful landscape we proceed to Thimphu(2320 metres/7656 feet)-Thimphu is 172 kilometres and 7 hours drive from Phuentsholling-Thimphu ,the capital of Bhutan is beautiful valley with a mixture of modern facilities and culture-Thimphu Valley has cradled its culture and tradition in a sustainable manner since 1216-The valley is surrounded by hills and provides outstanding view-Adventure sports like hiking,trekking,river rafting and wildlife excursion is available here-One can get to see colourful festivals and dance celebrated in the dzongs of Thimphu on a festival days-Don’t forget to taste the butter tea-Check into Hotel-Overnight stay in a hotel in Thimphu.
DAY 03 – THIMPHU SIGHTSEEING
Early morning breakfast – Drive and visit the Memorial Chorten (Stupa) built in memory of the third King of Bhutan, JigmeDorjiWangchuk, who was called the Father of modern Bhutan - Next the National Library where ancient manuscripts are preserved, Wood Craft and Painting School - The handicrafts Emporium which has beautiful and creative collection of textile arts, and indigenous fibres-Future plans of becoming a center of textile learning - Trashichhoedzong is also called fortress of the glorious religion- The dzong houses main secretariat building and is the throne of His Majesty, King Of Bhutan-During the summer months His Holiness,JeKhenpo visits the dzong.-The car will be at your disposal – Other places to visit are National Zoo, National Institute of Traditional medicine, Traditional Paper Factory(made from Daphne Plant)-Please note it is not possible to cover all the sites mentioned above in a single day-Back to Hotel-In the evening local markets like handicraft shops, weekend market(Saturdays and Sundays),Craft Bazaar you can be visited-Overnight stay in Thimphu
Day 04 – THIMPHU – WANGDI - PUNAKHA TRANSFER VIA DOCHU LA PASS
Early morning breakfast - After breakfast, drive to Wangduephodrang, with a stop en route for tea break at Dochu La (3,100 meters), where on a clear day you can get a spectacular view of the Himalayas - After lunch, will continue drive to Punakha, the former capital of Bhutan and visit PunakhaDzong, which is noteworthy both for being one of the most beautiful dzongs in Bhutan and also for having been built by the first Shabdrung in 1637 –Damaged four times by fire and an earthquake, it has been fully restored by present King- Check into Hotel – Evening free to stroll around the region - Night stay at Punakha
DAY 05 PUNAKHA – PARO
After lunch drive to Paro, visiting SimtokhaDzong en route. This Dzong, built in 1627 is the oldest in Bhutan. The valley of Paro contains a wealth of attractions. In the morning, visit Ta Dzong. Once a watchtower, built to defend RinpungDzong during inter-valley wars of the 17th century, Ta Dzong was inaugurated as Bhutan’s’ National Museum in 1968. Arrive Paro and check into the hotel. Afterwards, walk down a hillside trail to visit RinpungDzong, which has a long and fascinating history. Overnight at the hotel in Paro.
DAY 06 PARO- PHUENTSHOLLING
After Breakfast, drive ups the valley to view the ruins of DrukgyelDzong, 18 km. From Paro town on the north side of the valley. It was from here that the Bhutanese repelled several invading Tibetan armies during the 17th century. Also visit KyichuLhakhang, one of the oldest and most sacred shrines of the kingdom. After early lunch to drive to Phuentsholling(190kms / 06 – 07 hrs). Night stay at hotel.
DAY 07 PHUENTSHOLLING/- BAGDOGRA / NJP
After breakfast transfer to New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP) / Bagdogra Airport (IXB) - Nearly 170 kilometers 4 -4½ hours drive – onward Journey
TOTAL PACKAGE COST IN PREMIUM CATEGORY PER PERSON@32000/ ON MAPAI PLAN (TWO DOUBLE ROOM 04 PAX)
TOTAL PACKAGE COST IN DELUXE CATEGORY PER PERSON@28500/ ON MAPAI PLAN (TWODOUBLE ROOM 04 PAX)
- Accommodation is Premium/Deluxe Category hotel or Equivalent based on availability at the time of actual booking
- Daily breakfast or Dinner included in hotel as per fixed menu/buffet system.
- Meeting and assistance on arrival station
- Chauffeured transportation for all transfers, excursions and sightseeing tours
- All currently applicable hotel & transportation taxes
- Expenses of personal nature like laundry, telephone, fax, internet, beverages, camera / video camera fee at monuments, medical expenses, airport departure tax etc.
- Local payments in domestic currency, such as entry fees to monuments, tips and gratuities
- Any ride, monument entry fees
- Guide Service
- Domestic / International air fare
- Indian Visa Fees
- Any other services not mentioned in Price Inclusions above
- 5% GST on Total billing
- Entry & exit points will be nearest to the destinations
- All confirmations are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Should the no. of passengers, inclusions, hotel category or type of transport change at any given point the cost is liable to change and payable as advised by us.
- Rates/itineraries/payment terms are subject to change without any prior notice.
- Day wise sightseeing itinerary will be given after the confirmation.
- For Ac Vehicle A/c will work only in the plains and will be switched-off during hill drives.
- Children below 5 years accommodation will be on complimentary basis sharing parent’s room and breakfast charges as applicable
- The given cost is inclusive of all services mentioned in the quotation and no refund will be processed for any service which is not avail by guest once in tour.
- Hotel Check In / out time is 12:00, early Check in and Late Checkout depends on Availability of Rooms, also with supplement charges. Please inform us the arrival departure timing of our guest in advance for confirms services and supplement charges occur.