AMARNATH - JOURNEY INTO FAITHAmarnath yatra is the most revered pilgrimage in Hinduism, one which every Hindu aspires to embark on once in his lifetime. Most Hindus, particularly those who are worshippers of Lord Shiva, wish to undertake a journey to the Amarnath Shrine at least once in a lifetime. This religious Yatra is organized every year to the great Himalayas, by the government of Jammu and Kashmir. Interestingly, the main cave temple site is located at a height of 12,756 feet from the sea level and is around 141 km away from the state’s capital city, Srinagar. This is because of the appearance of a natural ice Shiva Lingam in the cave, which is considered an annual sacred phenomenon. However, it is much more than just a simple trek to visit a temple. This Yatra consists of Sonmarg, Baltal, Panchtarni and Amarnath. With our selective pilgrimage tour, rest assured to have an unforgettable journey into faith.
By AirThe nearest airport to Amarnath is the Srinagar airport. The Srinagar airport, which serves all major airlines is at a distance of 70-odd km from Pahalgam. The journey commences from Pahalgam which is a bus ride of 2 hours from the airport. The nearest railway station to Pahalgam remains the Jammu Tawi Railway Station. From there, you can reach Amarnath by helicopter, on foot, or by pony rides.
By RoadOne can travel to Jammu and then one has to go by road to Srinagar and then to reach Baltal or Pahalgam. Baltal is the shortest trek on the way up to Amarnath, but slightly difficult. Pahalgam trek is longer and relatively safer and more suited for families and elder people. People can also hire ponies and palkies to counter the strenuous terrain. From Baltal, it is a 1-2 day trek (15 km) to reach Amarnath. However, the Pahalgam route is relatively longer and takes around 3-5 days (36-48 km).
By RailThere are no direct trains to Amarnath. The nearest station is Jammu, at a distance of 178 kms from Amarnath. From Jammu, one can hire cabs to reach either Baltal or Pahalgam. From Baltal, it is a 1-2 day trek (15 km) to reach Amarnath. However, the Pahalgam route is relatively longer and takes around 3-5 days (36-48 km).
If needed you can opt for Helicopter Facility
CLIMATE & BEST TIME TO VISITMay-September are the best months to visit this place. During summers, the climate is quite considerable as it ranges between 9-34 degrees. This must be a best time to enjoy the greenery of nature, although this is not the peak season for tourists. The Amarnath Yatra takes place in July and August making it an ideal time for visitors. During winters, the temperatures drop to a chilly -8 degrees, and the cold gets unbearable hence avoidable. The major attraction is The Amarnath Cave Temple is accessible only during these months and therefore, July and August remain the only times of the year when one can visit the shrine of Amarnath. Except for these two months, the whole area around Amarnath is inaccessible.
2 nights/3 days Program
Day 01 : Srinagar airport – Sonmarg 100 Kms
On arrival our representative meeting at the airport and immediately drive to Sonmarg Which will take about 3 hrs to reach the destination. Check into at hotel. Dinner and overnight at Hotel
Day 02 : Sonmarg- Baltal – Panchtarni - Amarnath ji – Panchtarni- Srinagar
Leave after early breakfast and short drive will take you to Baltal (Helipad) and board into the helicopter and short ride to Panchtarni by helicopter. From Panchtarni to Amarnath ji cave it is about 6 Kms by foot/Horse/Palki which will take about 1 and half hours to reach to the cave depends on the rush of the yatries. On the return take helicopter back to Baltal and 3 hours drive will take you to Srinagar. Check into at Houseboat/Hotel. Dinner and overnight at Hotel.
Day 03 : Srinagar –
After breakfast Shikara ride on Dal Lake visiting interesting places around the lake and transfer in time to the airport to connect onwards destination flight. Tour ends here.
3 Nights/4 Days Program:
Day 01 : Srinagar airport – Sonmarg 100 Kms
On arrival our representative meeting at the airport and immediately drive to Sonmarg Which will take about 3 hrs to reach the destination. Check into at hotel
Day 02 : Sonmarg- Baltal – Panchtarni - Amarnath ji – Panchtarni-Srinagar
Leave after early breakfast and short drive will take you to Baltal (Helipad) and board into the helicopter and short ride to Panchtarni by helicopter. From Panchtarni to Amarnath ji cave it is about 6 Kms by foot/Horse/Palki which will take about 1 and half hours to reach to the cave depends on the rush of the yatries. On the return take Helicopter back to the Baltal and another 3 hours drive will take you to reach Srinagar. Dinner and overnight at Houseboat/Hotel.
Day 03 : - Srinagar
Enjoy the Shikara ride on Dal Lake the beauty that God has graced this city with which is often compared to Venice and you will get a view of some very interesting places around the lake. Overnight at Houseboat/Hotel.
Day 04 : Srinagar
After breakfast free and transfer in time to the airport to connect onwards destination flight. Tour ends here.
|02 Nights/03 Days Program:
|Double Sharing Per Person
Extra Adult with extra bed
|03 Nights/04 Days Program:
|Double Sharing Per Person
|Extra Adult with extra bed
In case, if there is any chance of cancellation of any services due to bad weather or technical fault of helicopter or any other reason the yatri is not able to avail any part of the services especially accommodation the Company is not responsible nor there will be any refundable amount.
- Accommodation is Premium/Deluxe Category hotel or Equivalent based on availability at the time of actual booking
- Daily breakfast or Dinner included in hotel as per fixed menu/buffet system.
- Meeting and assistance on arrival station
- Chauffeured transportation for all transfers, excursions and sightseeing tours
- All currently applicable hotel & transportation taxes
- Expenses of personal nature like laundry, telephone, fax, internet, beverages, camera / video camera fee at monuments, medical expenses, airport departure tax etc.
- Local payments in domestic currency, such as entry fees to monuments, tips and gratuities
- Any ride, monument entry fees
- Guide Service
- Domestic / International air fare
- Indian Visa Fees
- Any other services not mentioned in Price Inclusions above
- 5% GST on Total billing
- Entry & exit points will be nearest to the destinations
- All confirmations are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Should the no. of passengers, inclusions, hotel category or type of transport change at any given point the cost is liable to change and payable as advised by us.
- Rates/itineraries/payment terms are subject to change without any prior notice.
- Day wise sightseeing itinerary will be given after the confirmation.
- For Ac Vehicle A/c will work only in the plains and will be switched-off during hill drives.
- Children below 5 years accommodation will be on complimentary basis sharing parent’s room and breakfast charges as applicable.
- The given cost is inclusive of all services mentioned in the quotation and no refund will be processed for any service which is not avail by guest once in tour.
- Hotel Check In / out time is 12:00, early Check in and Late Checkout depends on Availability of Rooms, also with supplement charges. Please inform us the arrival departure timing of our guest in advance for confirms services and supplement charges occur.