MEGHALAYA – “The Abode of Clouds”
It is one of the most beautiful states in North-East India offering a variety of sights, activities, food and festivals to the Tourist. It is well known for Cherapunjji, the place which receives one of the maximum rainfalls in the world, Meghalaya can mesmerize you with its hills, valleys, lakes, caves and waterfalls which give it a beautiful look when covered with beautiful clouds. Shillong is the capital of Meghalaya, and it’s the most urbanization you will see in the entire state. Meghalaya is one of the Seven Sister States of Northeast India where natural beauty is found in plenty. The two colours which is white and green describes beautifully Meghalaya. Its lush green landscapes, picturesque surroundings and white clouds and mist playing an enchanting drama never fail to capture the hearts of tourists. Plan a Meghalaya Tour and experience and enjoy the mesmerizing beauty of nature at its best. Take a look here to find the best places to visit in Meghalaya on your dream vacation. We are here to explore you the best in this.
By AirThe nearest airport to the hill station is the Umroi Airport near Barapani, which is about 25 kilometres away. This has limited connectivity with other cities. The nearest major airport that is well-connected with multiple cities across India is in Guwahati, which is about 125 kilometres away. You can take a taxi from Guwahati to Shillong.
The closest railway station from Shillong is in Guwahati. It’s about 100 kilometres away and you can easily take a taxi from there. The Guwahati railway station is connected to New Delhi and other major cities across the country.
By RoadYou can take a bus from Guwahati to Shillong. There are several private as well as government operated deluxe and regular tourist going at regular intervals. But it’s a better idea to hire a taxi for a convenient and comfortable journey. You can even take a shared taxi to be more economical. The drive is extremely beautiful so you will really enjoy it.
Climate & Best Time to Visit
Summer i.e. from April to June is considered to be an ideal time escape from scorching heat. Mornings are as pleasant as evenings. Many regional festivals are also conducted during the months of April to June. Monsoon arrives from June to September is considered to be the wettest place on the earth, the state receives heavy rainfall. It is not the best season to visit because the heavy rainfall hampers your excursion. However, rain and nature lovers can definitely think of traveling to Meghalaya during these months. In Autumn season ie from October to November autumn festival is celebrated in Shillong and Meghalaya. Thus, it becomes one of the best places to visit in Meghalaya during these months. Well in winters ie from December to March we experience foggy days. Thus the best time to visit Meghalaya remains throughout the year.
MEGHALAYA TOUR ITINERARY
(05 NIGHTS / 06 DAYS)
Day 1: GUWAHATI AIRPORT – SHILLONG
Meet & greet on arrival at Guwahati Airport / Railway Station & transfer to Shillong. En-route visit Umium Lake. Check in Hotel. Evening free at leisure/own activity .Overnight in Shillong.
Day 2: SHILLONG – CHERRAPUNJEE – SHILLONG
After breakfast excursion to Cherrapunjee. En-route visit Mausomai Cave, Nohkalikai Falls, Thangakaran ParkElephanta Falls . Later return back to Shillong. Evening free to visit Local market / own activity .Overnight in Shillong.
DAY 3: SHILLONG – KAZIRANGA
After breakfast check out from hotel proceed for half day local sightseeing in Shillong including Ward’s Lake, Botanical Garden, Don Bosco Museum, Lady Hydari Park, Mini zoo. (Depending upon time permits). Afternoon transfer to Kaziranga. Check in to Hotel. Overnight at Kaziranga.
Day 4: KAZIRANGA
Early morning (Starts from 5 A.M.) proceed for elephant ride at direct payment basis. Return for breakfast. After breakfast proceed for Jeep safari to central range of the park at direct payment basis. Afternoon Jeep safari to Western range (Optional & with direct payment basis). Overnight in Kaziranga..
DAY 5: KAZIRANGA - GUWAHATI
Early morning transfer to Guwahati. On arrival at Guwahati visit Kalashetra and Kamkshya Temple. Check into hotel. Overnight at Guwahati.
DAY 6: GUWAHATI - GUWAHATI AIRPORT DEPARTURE
After breakfast transfer to Guwahati Airport / Railway Station.
TOUR COST STARTS FROM RS. 17,500/- onwards (min.6 adults)
- Accommodation is Premium/Deluxe Category hotel or Equivalent based on availability at the time of actual booking
- Daily breakfast or Dinner included in hotel as per fixed menu/buffet system.
- Meeting and assistance on arrival station
- Chauffeured transportation for all transfers, excursions and sightseeing tours
- All currently applicable hotel & transportation taxes
- Expenses of personal nature like laundry, telephone, fax, internet, beverages, camera / video camera fee at monuments, medical expenses, airport departure tax etc.
- Local payments in domestic currency, such as entry fees to monuments, tips and gratuities
- Any ride, monument entry fees
- Guide Service
- Domestic / International air fare
- Indian Visa Fees
- Any other services not mentioned in Price Inclusions above
- 5% GST on Total billing
- Entry & exit points will be nearest to the destinations
- All confirmations are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Should the no. of passengers, inclusions, hotel category or type of transport change at any given point the cost is liable to change and payable as advised by us.
- Rates/itineraries/payment terms are subject to change without any prior notice.
- Day wise sightseeing itinerary will be given after the confirmation.
- For Ac Vehicle A/c will work only in the plains and will be switched-off during hill drives.
- Children below 5 years accommodation will be on complimentary basis sharing parent’s room and breakfast charges as applicable.
- The given cost is inclusive of all services mentioned in the quotation and no refund will be processed for any service which is not avail by guest once in tour.
- Hotel Check In / out time is 12:00, early Check in and Late Checkout depends on Availability of Rooms, also with supplement charges. Please inform us the arrival departure timing of our guest in advance for confirms services and supplement charges occur.