UNTOUCHED BEAUTY OF NORTHEAST TOUR – “SEVEN SISTER’S”
If you want to see nature's real beauty then a visit to North East India is a must. North East India Tourism holds various tourist attractions and famous places to visit that you are going to know in this North East India Travel Info Guide. The ‘North-East’ is a collective name for the easternmost part of India comprising the states of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Nagaland, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Tripura, and Manipur. There are a number of wild life sanctuaries and national parks where rare animals, birds and plants provide fascinating insight and experiences to travelers. Places covered in this tour are Darjeeling, Kalimpong, Pelling, Gangtok, and Lachung and many such beautiful places that are beyond the imaginary.
Assam, Manipur, Nagaland, and Tripura are connected by direct flights from Kolkata as well as Delhi and Kolkata. Whereas, from other states; you need to take multiple flights. Northeast India flights usually land in Silchar airport and Dibrugarh Aiport in Assam. The Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport in Guwahati is well connected to major cities of India.
There are Rajdhani Express, North-East Express, and Brahmaputra Mail which run from Delhi to North East India. To reach Sikkim, you should take a train to New Jalpaiguri, on the other hand, Kumarghat is the nearest rail station to enter Tripura.
All the states have a good connection of roads in the urban areas with regular long distance buses from many north-eastern states to West Bengal. Self-Driving here is not very advisable due to security reasons. The National Highways 31, 37, 38 and 40 connect Assam to the major cities of India. The roads to north-eastern states are pretty convenient in most of the parts, but if you want to reach an off-beat destination then brace yourselves for all the bumps. There are frequent public and private bus services available for connecting Sikkim with other neighboring towns and cities.
Climate & Best Time to Visit
North East India is an incredibly vast place, and the best time to visit is never really particular. For enjoying the seven sisters and waterfalls, you might want to be there in monsoons; because the lush greenery and rains are a view to watch. During the last week of November and the first week of December; there are many festivals in Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, and Nagaland; that is sure to grab your attention and keep you entertained. The weather in the northeast region is always unpredictable. There is endless rain in some parts which make them pleasant and bring in cold at the same time. However, if you are still hunting for the best time to visit; then it should be both the monsoons and winters. During the monsoons, there are glistening waterfalls and lush green surrounding that are a treat to the eyes. While in the winters there is sparkling snow that covers the entire area like a sheet. However, there are a lot of landslides during the months of monsoons, making it a bit of risk to travel on the roads of this area. However, at the end of the day, it is your choice as to what season you want to choose for visiting this pleasant place.
ITINERARY For 7 Days & 6 Nights
DAY 01 NJP RAILWAY STATION / IXB (BAGDOGRA AIRPORT) - DARJEELING
Arrival at NJP Railway Station / Bagdogra Airport. Transfer to Darjeeling (7100ft / 110 kms / 03 hrs). Arrives & Check in Hotel. Evening is free for leisure. Overnight stay at Hotel
DAY 02 DARJEELING
Early Morning at 0400 AM visit Tiger Hill ,famous for sunrise over Mt. Kanchendzonga, on way back visit Ghoom Monastery, Batasia Loop and back to hotel. After breakfast proceed for visit Mix points, covering The Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, PNZ Zoological Park (closed on Thursday) Tenzing Rock, Tibetans Refuge Centre (closed on Sunday), Tea Garden (outer view), Rope way, Japanese Temple, Ava Art Gallary & Peace pagoda. Overnight stay at hotel.
DAY 03 DARJEELING-PELLING
After breakfast, transfer to Pelling (6000 ft /118 kms / 04 hrs). Afternoon proceed for half day local tour covering Rimbi Waterfalls, Khecheopalri Wishing Lake & Kanchenjunga Falls. Over night at Hotel.
DAY 04 PELLING - GANGTOK
After Breakfast transfer to Gangtok (5500 ft / 132 kms / 05 hrs). Gangtok the capital of Sikkim is a beautiful and clean town. Arrives & Check in Hotel. Afternoon go for half day local tour covering Jhakri Water Falls,Research Institute of Tibetology (Closed on Sunday & govt.Holidays), Do-Drul Chorten, Directorate of Handicrafts & Handloom (Closed on Sunday & Govt. Holidays) & Flower Show. Evening free at leisure. Over night at Hotel.
DAY 05 TSANGU LAKE & BABA MANDIR
A day excursion to Tsangu Lake (departure at 0700 to 0730 AM hrs ) - situated at a height of 3,780 Mts. with an average depth of 50 ft & Baba Mandir - The shrine made in memory of sepoy Harbahajan Singh, Back to Gangtok. Evening free. Overnight stay at hotel.
DAY 06 GANGTOK- KALIMPONG
After Breakfast, transfer to Kalimpong (4000 ft / 79 kms / 03 hrs). Here you do the Sightseeing of Deolo Hills, Dr. Grahm’s Home, Flower Nurseries, Jang-Dog-Palrifro-Brang Gompa, Mangal Dham & Durbin Dara View Point. Over night at Hotel.
DAY 07 KALIMPONG - NJP RAILWAY STATION / IXB BAGDOGRA AIRPORT
After breakfast, transfer to NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport (85 kms / 03 hrs) for your onward journey.
TOUR COST STARTS FROM RS. 24,999/- onwards (min.6 adults)
- Accommodation is Premium/Deluxe Category hotel or Equivalent based on availability at the time of actual booking
- Daily breakfast or Dinner included in hotel as per fixed menu/buffet system.
- Meeting and assistance on arrival station
- Chauffeured transportation for all transfers, excursions and sightseeing tours
- All currently applicable hotel & transportation taxes
- Expenses of personal nature like laundry, telephone, fax, internet, beverages, camera / video camera fee at monuments, medical expenses, airport departure tax etc.
- Local payments in domestic currency, such as entry fees to monuments, tips and gratuities
- Any ride, monument entry fees
- Guide Service
- Domestic / International air fare
- Indian Visa Fees
- Any other services not mentioned in Price Inclusions above
- 5% GST on Total billing
- Entry & exit points will be nearest to the destinations
- All confirmations are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Should the no. of passengers, inclusions, hotel category or type of transport change at any given point the cost is liable to change and payable as advised by us.
- Rates/itineraries/payment terms are subject to change without any prior notice.
- Day wise sightseeing itinerary will be given after the confirmation.
- For Ac Vehicle A/c will work only in the plains and will be switched-off during hill drives.
- Children below 5 years accommodation will be on complimentary basis sharing parent’s room and breakfast charges as applicable.
- The given cost is inclusive of all services mentioned in the quotation and no refund will be processed for any service which is not avail by guest once in tour.
- Hotel Check In / out time is 12:00, early Check in and Late Checkout depends on Availability of Rooms, also with supplement charges. Please inform us the arrival departure timing of our guest in advance for confirms services and supplement charges occur.